Peanut Butter Strawberry and Banana – PBS&B! This smoothie is kind of like Smoothie King’s Peanut Power Plus Strawberry – but less calories, half the sugar, and mostly organic, vegan, dairy/soy/gluten free. (Most of the containers have that “produced in a factory where x is also” on them. And you can choose most organic options here.)
I needed a breakfast that packed a punch with calories, protein, and calcium. I’m breastfeeding my baby and struggling to get enough calories plus I have to be dairy and soy free and getting calcium naturally is a challenge. Enter the smoothie! I love peanut butter and fruit. If you like it less sweet, remove the sugar or date. And if you want more protein, do a second scoop of the powder. Since all the nutrition basically comes from natural and organic items I feel pretty good about this. Enjoy!
Makes one 24 oz smoothie
- 1 frozen medium banana
- 1/2 cup frozen whole strawberries
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Hershey’s Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Natural Creamy Peanut Butter with Flax Seed
- 1 scoop Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Florida Crystals Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1 cup Vanilla Silk Almond Milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Freeze your strawberries and banana in advance. The frozen banana is the key to the right consistency in my opinion.
- Toss the first 7 ingredients in your blender of choice and finish getting ready for the morning. This lets the frozen items defrost a bit but you can skip this step, too.
- Add milk and ice to the ingredients in the bender
Nutrition facts are best estimates! Review the labels of your ingredients.
Let me know if you try it!
1 thought on “Dairy and Soy Free PBS&B Smoothie”